Thursday, May 13, 2010

Reason Number 239 Why I Love Working Downtown

A couple times a week on my lunch break I’ll go on a nice run around town. It’s a good way to break up the day, and I always enjoy the scenery along the way. As I’m running I always notice things that I’ve never seen before, whether it be a little store I want to check out, or a little restaurant I want to try out. Utah is not known for its diverse population, but those of you who work downtown might agree there’s some good people watching to be done. Anyways, getting to my point, yesterday as I was running down 2nd South I crossed paths with an older homeless woman. As I passed her I gave her a little smile she looked at me gave me a full bowing curtsy, looked up at me winked, than gave me a high five. It all happened in one flowing motion. I’m not sure if my ballet looking workout top tipped her off for the curtsy, but whatever it was it made my day. I'd like to implement the curtsy, wink, high five into my daily life, meanwhile, I’d like to thank the people on the streets of Salt Lake City for their moral support. It was once said, there is nothing more graceful than the curtsy, nothing more noble than the bow.

1 comment:

  1. Bahahaha of course that would happen to you! I can just picture it now...little Bitty pancing down the street high-fiving homeless people. I love it.

    ReplyDelete