Monday, June 21, 2010

Crazy Interactions

Do you ever have a strange interaction, or conversation with someone, and its strangeness doesn't really dawn on you until after the interaction is over?  Well I had an experience like this last weekend.  I was walking at the Gateway when some guy motioned me over to him.  He was selling something, and I really did not want to go over there, but he looked desperate and I decided I'd at least humor him and let him talk to me.  Well he starts talking about water conservation, which wasn't that bad of a topic compared to what it could have been.  Well, he comments on my earrings and he had some ear art himself so I commented on that.  Well this just opened a whole new door.  He started pointing to all the places he'd had pierced and he proceeds to point to his nipples and said.  "Yeah I had these pierced once, but then it got ripped out."  I was just sort of nodding my head then he keeps going and says "It hurt worse than getting ran over by a car and yes I have had that happen too, so now I just stick to getting tattoos less can happen with those."  He then continued to tell me about the tattoo that took up his whole back it was a landscape of Ireland, turns out he'd never even been there. I'm just glad he didn't pull off his shirt to show me that REALLY would have taken it too far.  This guy just made my day, it's interactions like this that made me realize some people are really good at just being themselves even in front of a perfect stranger.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Bitty, I can just picture you there nodding in a very kind way, slightly registering what he is saying, and then after freaking out, being like, what the h... just happened? Classic, you and your hippie earings getting you into all sorts of trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this story! I had one the other day at work where a guest asked me where the bathroom was while shimming her breast in my face, puckering her lips and batting her eyes! So uncomfortable!

    ReplyDelete